We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarasota in July??

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Sarasota in July??

Hello,

We are planing to go to Sarasota from June 25 to July 3. IS this a good idea? will we get a lot of rainy days, I found that Sarasota receive around 9 inches of rain per month in July. is it rainy days or a 20 minutes afternoon thunderstorm? I also read that Hurricanes starts at the beginning of June......is it frequent at this time or most likely July-august ? We went to Orlando at this time of the year in 2010 and had no rain at all for ten days. We also went there in 2012 and.....a lot of rain due to Debbie :-( Unfortunatelly with my son school we need to take our holidays between the end of june and end of August.

thanks for your advices on that.

Nathalie

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarasota in July??

If it does rain it is unlikely to be for more than an hour. No one can predict this far in advanced if there will be hurricanes nearby.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarasota in July??

No one can accurately predict the weather BUT it does often rain a bit in the afternoon during the summer, and then it clears up. We don't often have days and days of rain. Hurricanes usually pop up in August or September, but again, there are no guarantees. All of this being said, I like June and July here, although it does get hot. I think its a bit cooler than Orlando, with ocean breezes.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarasota in July??

Thank you lemstar, I'm happy to read this. Is there something that we really need to see or an activity that we shouldn't miss in Sarasota or near Sarasota?

thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarasota in July??

There's the Marie Selby Gardens, the Ringling Museum, Myakka State Park, St. Armands Circle on Lido Key and the Mote Marine Aquarium also on Lido. Google them for details.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,499 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarasota in July??

You are also coming around 4th of July, so there will be crowds.

www.sarasotafl.org

www.see-sarasota.com

www.ticketsarasota.com (events)

~SRQgirl

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarasota in July??

The best things to see and do are seeing the wonderful white sand beaches, and the clear clean water.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarasota in July??

weather see.......Accuweather.com /

Canada
Level Contributor
9,057 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarasota in July??

Sarasota /Siesta Key is a fabulous destination.

Of course due to the time of your visit ..it will likely be Hot and humid.(Just like some parts of Canada can be)

The afternoon thunderstorms are also not uncommon.You could also hit a stretch of perfect days.

What is more likely than not?..Who knows...It is indeed Hurricane season and with that comes a certain unpredictability in weather patterns.

The beach on Siesta Key is absolutely tops and provides much family fun.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarasota in July??

Typically you will find pop up showers in the afternoon, lasting no more than an hour.

To do: Siesta key Village...sit at the Daquiri Deck outside for lunch/dinner. St. Armands Circle, you'll be going there a couple of times. There is a wonderful sunset cruise on Sarasota Bay with music and cocktails. It lasts a couple of hours and you will see the sunset and cruise around seeing the gorgeous homes. You'll see the ads in the brochures. Well worth the $25/couple...get there an hour early..you'll have to just stand there waiting to get onboard, but you'll get a great table on the upper deck. Palm trees decorate it.

Go to Downtown Sarasota in the evening for dinner. Nice quaint shops and restaurants.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 14:33
Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sarasota in July??

Make a reservation at The Colombia for dinner one evening on St. Armands Circle....it's "the place" to go. You'llh ave to eat their signature salad!!!