We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Hi all.

I'm due to stay in the Helmsley Sandcastle hotel on lido beach on March, but have found out that its for sale. I believe my booking is ok, but as I would like to return in a few years I was wondering if anybody has any thoughts on the hotels future. I have heard it may be torn down for condo's.

Thanks

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Just like any other building whoever buys the property will decide it's fate.

If I had to guess, it will be demolished and a new condo building will rise. It would be much more profitable to the buyers.

If I were you, I wouldn't make long term reservations..When you are here, start looking for alternative lodging.

~SRQgirl

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

What a pity! I kinda liked the old character look of that building.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Yes, another old gem will be sold..

bizjournals.com/tampabay/blog/morning-editio…

When you see a property that has not been remodeled over the years, it is usually an indication that no long term plans are in place to remain as a hotel.

The location is worth a fortune.

The Colony property is also something that will go..

~SRQgirl

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Thanks for that, its such a shame as we always go there for wedding anniversary. Good point about looking for alternative lodgings. Much better to see a hotel than just look in a brochure.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Wow what a nice place for a dog to live.

Sarasota, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

No worries. The hotel has been purchased by a hotel company and will stay a hotel. Your reservations are safe.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

Hi thanks for that. Great news. Would have been such a shame, as we love staying there.

8. Re: Helmsley Sandcastle for sale.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:19