We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Restaurants

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey/New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Bars/Restaurants

Hello, I'll be visiting sarasota for Memorial Day weekend and I was wondering if anyone can recommend any bars/restaurants to check out. We are looking for some nice places with a view with outside bars to hang out during the day and at night. Any recommendations? Also, are there any special events going on that weekend that would be worth checking out?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,267 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Restaurants

Where are you staying?

O leary's tiki bar on the water at the marina DT, Ophelia's on the bay SK, Old Salty Dog on Ken Thompson, to name a few.

there is a new place called Indigenous that i haven't tried yet. They have outside tables

Denver, Colorado...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Restaurants

We have family in Sarasota that we will be staying with. We've been there plenty of times but not for a number of years so I wanted to see what our options were around the area. Thank you!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,494 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Restaurants

Did you want a water view or just people watching? makes a difference.

There are plenty of places in downtown Sarasota that have outside tables.

When you say you are looking for a place to "hang out" either in the day and night, not sure what type of place you want...

Siesta Village has places with outside seating..also St. Armands Circle.

www.dinesarasota.com

www.freshoriginals.com

~SRQgirl

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/Restaurants

Also some outside places downtown and in the Hillview area.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/Restaurants

If your idea of a view is watching people stroll by, consider one of the many places on St. Armand's Circle or Downtown. If you want a water view, you will likely have to drive to and from. I agree that O'Leary's is a good choice because it is outside with a great view of the marina (also Marina Jack), but if it's raining or just time to move on to the next spot, it is quite close to downtown and all its restaurants and other bars.

6. Re: Bars/Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:17