We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Sarasota

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
3 Days in Sarasota

We will be in Sarasota area next Wednesday to Friday, staying on Siesta Key.

Would you suggest the "not to be missed" sites as well as recommended restaurants.

We love eating outside with a beautiful view.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

With only 3 days, I would imagine that the beach would take up most of your time. Restaurants with a view are limited in SK, but Ophelias is very nice. Int he village, I have eaten at Daquiri deck (got the Mahi club) and SK oyster bar.

Further afield, the Mote aquarium and st armands are good for spending some time.

Eateries on the water in sarasota include OLeary's tiki bar, and Old Salty Dog near the Mote on Ken Thompson. Over on Longboat, you have Charthouse, Dockside, and Marvista- all on the water bayside.

Nearest beachfront toes in the sand dining is up along Anna Maria Island (very pretty drive from St armands) and Beachouse is one I would rec (just had a refurb).

Look at taking a sunset/dolphin cruise?

In Sarasota itself, I have been looking forwards to trying Indigenous (new restaurant) on my next trip.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

What do you enjoy doing? there are many places to visit.

Here are the top attractions:

Ringling Museum of Art

Mote Aquarium

Selby Botanical Gardens

Myakka State Park

Historic Spanish Point

www.visitsarasota.org

www.see-sarasota.com

St. Armands Circle shopping/dining)

downtown Sarasota

kayaking the mangroves www.kayakfl.com

LeBarge Tropical Cruises

Dining on Siesta:

Ophelias on the Bay (dinner only $$$)

Flavios (Italian)

Eat Here

Sun Garden (breakfast/lunch)

The Cottage

Clayton's Siesta Grille

Turtles on the Bay (OK food with great bay views)

Dining with view:

Drydock Waterfront Grlll (Longboat)

Casey Key Fish House (Blackburn Pt. Rd.)

O'Leary's (pub grub on the Marina)

Mar Vista (Longboat)

lots of outside dining in downtown Sarasota and St. Armands Circle

www.dinesarasota.com

www.freshoriginals.com

You don't want to spend all your time driving around town looking for restaurants if you only have 3 days...

~SRQgirl

Edited: 10 May 2014, 12:41
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

Nobody ever remembers to mention Sarasota Jungle Gardens -- it's not very exciting, but a very pleasant, old-school tourist attraction with beautiful gardens and a collection of animals http://www.sarasotajunglegardens.com/

It's just around the corner from the Ringling museum, and it was our absolute favorite season pass when the offspring were small.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

I forget as I have never been there lol. Good catch.

But with just 3 days, I would not leave the beautiful SK beach for it ;)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

Me, either...but if it's a cloudy day....

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

True, which is why I suggested the drive along the islands up to the end of AMI and back. I've done that drive in sunshine and clouds/rain and it was beautiful either way.

Other things I like doing int he rain, eating a meal by the water and watching the storm pass, reading a good book tucked up inside, and taking in a movie at the closest ciniplex. Shopping is good in the rain, as are the museums listed above.

In april I went to the Dali museum during the Good friday storms and it was amazing watching them from inside betwen exhibitions.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 16:01
Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

Our favorite thing to do in the Sarasota area was the Ringling Mansion and Museums. It took us 4 hours to see everything. Very worthwhile. I would say it is a must do!!!

8. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:11
9. Re: 3 Days in Sarasota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:17