We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longboat Bay Club

Which Sarasota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Longboat Bay Club

We will have a timeshare week Dec 30 to Jan 6, and wonder whether any of you have stayed there. They tell me they do not have Wi-Fi, but that many of their guests have had good luck getting it. That puzzles me - have any of you had esperience with that? Do all of the condos have a view of the water? Or what should we be looking for? Any suggestions as to what we should see/do/restaurants to try? Thanks

Hartford...
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longboat Bay Club

I also have a timeshare there and they do not have wi-fi there...but if you sit outside on the front decks, you should be able to get it.

St Armand's circle is not far away...lots of shops and restaurants there. Just pull out of the driveway and take a left...you run right into it. The beach is across the street..nice beach but the beaches near Lido key (near st armand's circle) and down towards the right have really gorgeous beaches. It is a very quiet area, you definitely need a car. We went to the Pelican man's sanctuary one day and went into Tampa another day. have fun!!! The unit is very large and they go from front to back, so I believe almost everyone can see the ocean. The top corner rooms, you definietly see the ocean.

If you are into wildlife, there are enough birds in the back by the Bay to keep you busy. The manatee come into there and we saw alot of activitiy in the water one morning, but did not know what it was, but it created alot of noise and wakes in the water.

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Longboat Bay Club

Thanks, Jericap. Is there anything in particular that we ought to take along with us? (The kinds of things supplied in timeshares vary widely - from everything you need to absolutely nothing.) Is there a hair drier or should I take mine? How about shampoo? soaps and/or detergents?

What other questions should I be asking?

We're excited about the trip -- only a few more days!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longboat Bay Club

there's a hair dryer...coffee filters with a starter pack of coffee, paper towel, windex, dishwasher detergent, soap..no shampoo.that I could remember. Kids stuff...beach toys, bikes, fishing poles, beach chairs and umbrellas. Books, videos and games. Pool towels.( we took them to the beach)

washer and dryer was in the unit. nail salon next door. Check in is at 3:30 earliest. there are 2 gas grills with a small playground, lots of anoles ( small lizards) running around.

Front desk is extremely helpful and has menus for the area restaurants.

4. Re: Longboat Bay Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 09:22