We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PBI to Sebastian

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
PBI to Sebastian

My Mom lives in Sebastian and I ususally fly into PBI where she picks me up. I am renting a car this time and the rental agency mentioned that some of the toll roads require an electronic payment device and do not accept cash. They want me to rent this device for $6.99 a day plus the cost of tolls.

I had planned on getting on 95 and heading north. Will I encounter any of these tolls? The rental company wil charge me $25.00 per incident plus the cost of the toll.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Winter Haven, FL
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PBI to Sebastian

There are NO tolls on I-95. Just stay off the turnpike and you'll be fine!

P.S. My grandparents live in Sebastian and I grew up in Wabasso. Your mom is lucky to live there and you're lucky to go visit!

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PBI to Sebastian

Thanks cbb ... I feel lucky having my Mom in Sebastian and me visiting frequently. It's a great little city. Oh, and I LOVE Wabasso beach!!!

Grasonville...
Level Contributor
393 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PBI to Sebastian

Yup no tolls on 95. We lived in Sebastian for 8 years and used ether Orlando or Melbourne. PBI can be a panic depending on your arrival and departure.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,577 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PBI to Sebastian

Also as far as I know the turnpike so far has installed those electronic payment booths in Miami only. Look at www.floridaturnpike.com and it should tell you where they are located. As everyone said tho you could just use I-95 the entire way. Traffic will be a little heavy around West Palm but thins out soon after that. And if you did take the turnpike you would still have to cross over to I-95 at Ft. Pierce as the turnpike heads inland after that.

Sebastian is a great town, I grew up there too. Went to elementary school where city hall is now. (Yes that makes me a little old!) There have been a lot of changes since I first lived there.

Reply to: PBI to Sebastian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sebastian