We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Trip Review / Crescent Beach / The Crescent Condo

Chicago
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
My Trip Review / Crescent Beach / The Crescent Condo

First, thank you to everyone for your assistance and advice in planning this trip! It was wonderful and we will definetly return. We returned on Saturday and here is my quick review:

Beach: Sand was soft and white as promised. We stayed on the south end of Crescent Beach and the Gulf water on the Crescent was full of seaweed near the shoreline and on the beach. Slight smell in the air. But, we swam for hours everday and it did not bother us in the least. Be careful for little ones --there were trucks that were working most days that we were there. They collect seaweed that is pushed to the end of Crescent beach (a few condos down) and in the morning the trucks pick it up and haul it away. We visited the Siesta Key Public Beach, Longboat Key, and Lido Key. All of these seemed to have generally the same level of seaweed. Spent a day a Turtle Beach which was qute different. Sand was not as nice, but the water was clear and there was very, very little seaweed in the shallows. It was lovely.

Condo at the 'The Crescent' : Clean, well stocked, and very comfortable. No complaints, issues or problems. If we need a 3 bdrm again, I would definetly consider this rental.

Dining: My family was coming from SanFran, Chicago, and NYC. We dine out frequently in these areas and were not looking to eat out in Siesta Key. We cooked 3x a day in the condo and only ordered in once in 7 days from City Pizza. Good pizza, even by NYC standards, but, a bit pricey (which I expect for a tourist location). If you have a big group, I recommend stopping Costco and then Publix on your way from the airport. It was easy and convenient. We had great home cooked brkfst, lunches, and dinners.

We were pretty much beach bums. The weather was great the entire time we were there and we did not end up taking advantage of any of the other day trips or excurions that we had researched.

Please contact me with any questions.

Boston, MA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My Trip Review / Crescent Beach / The Crescent Condo

Thanks for all the information. We are in the process of planning a trip to Siesta Key in April '08. The Island House Resort on Cresent Beach was recommended to us. Do you know anything about it?

Was the Condo you stayed at right on the beach? If not, was it in walking distance to Cresent Beach?

Our kids are 11 and 13 so we don't mind doing a little walking, but with your arms full of beach chairs, etc. the distance is important.

Thanks for any help :)

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,782 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Trip Review / Crescent Beach / The Crescent Condo

The Crescent Condo is relatively new and very nice.

It is on Crescent Beach.

~SRQgirl

3. Re: My Trip Review / Crescent Beach / The Crescent Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:15