We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Siesta Key

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Siesta Key

Hi,

We can we get the best sea food - preferably somewhere casual? Equally, is there a restaurant on the key or within half an hours drive that must not be missed?

Thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

I don't recommend many restaurants but a can't miss Italian place is Bella Roma on Siesta Key. It's in a little shopping mall and easy to miss, but very delicious. Homemade breads, pastas and some of their desserts, too.

Make reservations during the peak season (now). The online menu is a sample menu and they have special every day:

http://www.bellaromaitalianrestaurant.com/

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

Thanks - do you need to make reservations at lunchtime?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

I don't think they are open for lunch and their website says they don't open until 5pm, but you could email them to confirm. I don't think they are open for lunch though.

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

Thanks for your help

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

There are many places within a 1/2 hour drive.

On Siesta there is Clayton's Siesta Grille and the Lobster Pot. More upscale on Siesta is the Blase Cafe and Ophelias on the Bay. Bella Roma, as mentioned is great.

On the mainland, there is the Bonefish Grill, Barnacle Bills.

Most all restaurants are casual.

There are many others that have seafood and other items.

www.freshoriginals.com

www.dinesarasota.com

What type of food do you enjoy?

~SRQgirl

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

Hi,

We like most food - particularly sea food but are looking for places that are happy to accommodate children and are still good quality.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

Agreed about Bella Roma. I got there every year with my parents. Food is exceptional, it's a crowded traditional place. No frills or gimmicks. And the service is wonderful.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

Check out the lists I gave you. Just about everyplace in town will accomodate children.

On the mainland you can go to Gecko's in the Landings Shopping Center, Big Als on US41.T there are the Longhorn Steakhouse, The Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Sonnys BBQ and lots of other chains not included on the list.

~SRQgirl

9. Re: Restaurants in Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 06:18