We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction next to Crescent Towers?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Construction next to Crescent Towers?

In this forum I read that in February construction began next to Crescent Towers. As I'm looking at CT as a possibility for a stay in May, I wonder what impact the construction has had on vacationers. Any comments?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

I was the one who mentioned the construction in another thread. We were very excited to stay there, booked a 1st floor unit 8 months in advance. You can't beat the location, it's right on the beach. But, my husband works in construction all day, and having construction right next door on vacation is a turn off.

I called CT and asked just how close the 2 buildings were and she said a small street was between them. I'm still sad that we had to change our plans.

Lancs, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

Can anyone give me any more information about the constuction work.

I was about to book Tropical Shores for a week in June, but I think the work is quite close-by.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

The Sea Castle next door has 3 buildings. One of those buildings is the one that will have the construction.

I would contact Crescent Towers and ask what the situation is as far the construction. Like I said we booked 8 months in advance and they were very understanding of why we cancelled. Very helpful and very friendly.

Lancs, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

Thanks.

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

Aside from speaking with Crescent Towers, which is a great idea, has anyone experienced the noise related to this construction?

Is it full-blown construction or more like contracters working?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

My understanding from speaking to someone at CT, was it's full blown construction. They demolished the building in Dec. 2007 and construction of a new one was to start Feb. 2008.

Maybe someone who lives in area can take a trip and see what's been done? And far construction has gotten...

NYC
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

Thanks for the info, Nen. Hopefully someone who has heard it can give more details.

Just the sound of that alone makes it scary.

Anyone?

8. Re: Construction next to Crescent Towers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 13:19