We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which place??

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which place??

We've narrowed it down to three places and I would like some opinions. We will be staying for 3 nights on Siesta Key in May. It is our anniversary so we want something nice, fun and of course a beautiful beach. Beach Palms or Sara Sea?? Is Beach Palms closer to the action in Siesta Village because that might lean me in that direction, because we'd like some entertainment at night. My only other option was Lido Beach Resort so if any of you want to give me your opinions it would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Patty

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which place??

Beach Palms is the only one on your list that is close to the Village. It has gotten mixed reviews.

Sara Sea is close to Crescent Plaza which has some bars/shops/dining. Not as large as Siesta Village which more places with music and dancing etc. Sara Sea has been recently remodeled and is a short walk to Crescent Beach.

Lido Beach Resort is a full service resort on Lido Key. The most upscale of the 3 choices with a shuttle to St. Armands Circle with dining/shops etc.

Not close to Siesta Key.

Your call.

~SRQgirl

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which place??

How is the beach on Lido Key? I'm sure there's not a bad beach in that part of Florida, but is the beach mostly shells there or soft? Thanks for your help.

Patty

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which place??

The beach is not as nice as Siesta Key, it's not the same sand quality. JMHO. The beach on Lido is "renourished".

On the flip side, there aren't any full service resorts on Siesta Key. There are condos and motels.

So, if you're looking for a more upscale place, the LBR would be your pick.

If you want the best beaches in FL, then you should look at Siesta Key. There are condos that will rent for a 3 night minimum, such as the Jamaica Royale and others..if you want a condo.

Sara Sea Resort has reviews on this TA page under Hotels. Very nice place to stay with upgraded touches. Not the Ritz however.

The LBR has reviews under Hotels on the Sarasota page.

Depends on what you want.

~SRQgirl

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which place??

We used to stay on Lido years ago and the sand was nice, but not as nice as Siesta. Were back to Lido 2 years ago and the sand was not nearly as nice as it used to be. For that reason, we are now staying on Siesta.

I did stay at Lido Beach Resort and really liked it, but not their beach. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate Siesta a 10 and Lido a 4.

5. Re: Which place??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 04:16