We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

I'm going to keep this trip report very short. Just returned on Saturday from a nice vacation.

Weather- was fantastic

Beach - Really good taking in the fact of the recent storms.

Food - Pretty Good, some better than others.

Traffic + Crowds - Minimal

Activities - Superb

Fishing - Fair.

SK is a fantastic place and the last two trips have been wonderful. I think I appreciated the place a lot more during my first trip but it was still very enjoyable. Still deciding if we will return next summer or if we choose a new location. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks Siesta Key.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
137 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Can you list the restaurant's that where good and the ones not so good. We are going in a couple weeks and I haven't searched for any restaurants.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

The only place I really didn't care for, and I have tried it twice is the Old Salty Dog.

http://theoldsaltydog.com/SiestaKey/index.htm

The food was just ok..nothing special. A bit blahhhhh.

SKOB, The Hub, Lobster Pot, Captain Curts,,,etc...alll very good food.

Dont be put off by the appearance of the SKOB..the food is fantastic....

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Where did you stay? Can you suggest any reasonably priced hotels right on beach?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

I stay at the ringling beach house. Its clean, comfortable and easy acess to the beach. Its across the street from the beach on Beach Road.

There are condos directly on the beach. Read other posts that are answered by SRQgirl. She is a resident expert and offers good suggestions for beach front condos. I like where the RBH is located because that part of the beach seems to never be crowded and the sand and water is really nice.

Palos Heights...
Level Contributor
71 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

In addition to the other restaurant suggestions...try Blue Que next to The Hub Baja Grille in the village.Great BBQ and fish.....really good music all kinds of booths outdoors..very cool!

On Highway 41,the best seafood is Phillippi Creek...about 10 minutes from Siesta Key......on an intercoastal river..this IS the best seafood anywhere down in this area!! Enjoy!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

How are Siesta Key and Turtle beach areas diffrent? Looking for a less crowded place to stay.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

I fish on turtle beach but swim and hang out North on the white sand beaches. They are some much more fun to enjoy.

While Turtle beach is less crowded, I don't enjoy the beach as much. Darker sand, smaller beach and the beach seems to get very very hot in the summer. Turtle beach seems to be a little more rough also compared to the gentle waves and slopes of the area just north of there.

The public SK beach gets very crowded, but just north of there, maybe 500 yards or so, its usually very spread out and non-crowded. Beach access and parking is the issue and thats why the public beach gets so crowded. We stay just south of the village with an easy walk to a nice beach with no crowds at all.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

Also Crescent Beach is not as crowded as the public beach. It is the same beautiful sand and water quality, but quieter. There are hotels and condos at Crescent Beach but not much parking if you are not staying there (which is why it is not crowded). It is the southern part of Siesta Beach, next to Point of Rocks.

9. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key