We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red earred slider turtles

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
271 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Red earred slider turtles

Is there a tourist/beach shop that sells the red earred slider turtles for cheap? We need a couple to replace a few escapees that belonged to my son.

Thanks!

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Red earred slider turtles

I don't think you will find those in a touristy beach shop. You may want to try one of the aquarium shops.

www.seascapeaquarium.com - in Gulf Gate

Sea Clear Aquarium & Pet Center 6300 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota, FL 34231 - this is on the west side of Tamiami Trail just north of Stickney Point Rd.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 02:13
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
271 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red earred slider turtles

Thanks. I will try Sea Clear Aquarium. Seascape had them but they were 2x more than what we paid for them from the beach tourist shops.

Mich
Level Contributor
170 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red earred slider turtles

I have bought many online from ebay. About $30 for 5 half dollar size turtles.

Usually 2 of the 5 will survive...they seem to get stronger as they age.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
271 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red earred slider turtles

Ok thanks. I will look out for that seller. Although we love excuses to make it back to the beach, eBay ia a great alternative!! :)

5. Re: Red earred slider turtles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:17