We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions from the airport!

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Directions from the airport!

I'm flying into Tampa, renting a car and am directionally challenged. Does anyone have an easy to understand way to get from Tampa airport to Siesta Key? I will have my Iphone with me but am so much better looking quickly at it written down on a sheet of paper. Traveling alone so I have no one to navigate and don't want to arrive all stressed out!

Thanks much,

Kris

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions from the airport!

From the airport follow the signs to I 275 south to St. Petersburg. Stay on that (you will get on the Skyway Bridge, toll $1.25 cash is okay) until you hit I 75 South. Take that to Clark Rd. exit number 205 and head right/west to the island. It is that simple.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions from the airport!

Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions from the airport!

kris48 has provided most precise easy to follow directions!

It really is an easy drive. The car rental counter will also have a easy to read Map that they will willingly highlight your route with marker...as a back-up on the seat beside you.(Ask for Skyway route)

One other tip....to remember when going through St. Petersburg section......is to focus on the I 275 South signs. The reason I mention it is we have had a couple of family members get turned about in there....as there are some similiar sounding exit options.... like I 375...and I 175. It happens in around the Tropicana field exits......where it can be a teenie bit winding and fast paced.

Edited: 07 October 2012, 00:48
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions from the airport!

Right. Do stay somewhat to the right, and you will be fine.

5. Re: Directions from the airport!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key