We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Island House Beach resort.

U.S.
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Island House Beach resort.

Has anyone stayed here? I want to be able to hear the ocean tide rolling in when I am on my deck. Is it that close to the beach? It may sound picky, but it is absolutely one of my favorite parts of visiting the ocean!

Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Island House Beach resort.

One of the nice things about the location of Island House, IMO, is the large expanse of gorgeous white sand.......meaning the property is set back slightly more than others.

The front building Apartments afford the best views. The higher the unit the better the view.....depending on the building....floors1-5. They are staggered so views are had by all.

One nice thing about the Lanai at Island house....is that it is screened and glassed in....so you can open it fully or keep it screened. Some properties only have a screen option.

As far as hearing the waves coming in......the gulf is usually calm....unless a system has blown in. It is more like waves "lapping at shore". You can still visually see them.....but crashing waves.....not so much. The grade at the shoreline is an extremely gentle slope....which makes it an ideal beach for young children....and popular with all the walkers.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Island House Beach resort.

Hi B,

Island House is our Favorite on SK! Call them directly for great prices; Scott and the rest of the staff are so friendly and helpful.

We like condo 1N; it is on the ground floor, has been renovated and is really perfect. Your porch is an unobstructed view of gorgeous beach and ocean! The sand is literally 11 steps from your 'back door". Best beach ever, IH provides chairs, there are some shade cabana structures, and the condo has everything you'll need, except beach towels (we bought ours for $5.00 at Walgreens), or pack one in the bottom of your suitcase, the washer and dryer is easy access from this unit.

Already have our plans made for a week on SK next year, and IH is definitely the place we'll stay.

Have fun,

cc,

Cupcake

3. Re: The Island House Beach resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key