We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hurricanes in Marion County

Which Silver Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hillsboro
2 posts
Save Topic
hurricanes in Marion County

Was wondering how the hurricanes are in ocala and silver springs area...have you heard of any hitting that area?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

Suggest you get educated on hurricanes. Your questions show virtually total ignorance.

"Was wondering how the hurricanes are....?"

There're none there at the moment.

Yes, Marion County and Ocala/Silver Springs have been affected by hurricanes in the past.

SantsRosaBeach
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

You are from Hillsboro - what state?

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

I think brookie f has been down the Hillsboro rapids too often.

hillsboro
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

Sorry i sounded dumb about this But i was asking a nice question and i really haven't heard when the last storm came into that part of Florida...excuse me

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

I have seen your famous rapids and was completely underwhelmed. I did like the state Park, however. Not a dumb question - Keep going.

Okeechobee, FL
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

Marion County rarely gets hurricanes, but it was hit by Jeanne the worst in the summer of 2004, there were two hurricanes in Marion County. I was told by the locals that they hadn't had a hurricane go through Marion County since 1885.

Most people I talked to that live in Marion County told me they deliberately chose that area of Florida because of the rarity of hurricanes, usually only the residuals. I rode out two hurricanes there, and Charley only tossed a few leaves. Jacksonville on the other had still hasn't had a hurricane since something like the 1920s....from a former resident of Marion Co.

By the way, the Hillsboro in Florida is spelled Hillsborough, so I doubt she was from there.

7. Re: hurricanes in Marion County

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Silver Springs