We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bare bones restaurant

niagara...
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
bare bones restaurant

One member advised this is a good restaurant in Stuart. Any opinions or other ideas? Not too expensive please. thanks for your help

Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bare bones restaurant

It is very good. One of my favorite places to eat. We go there every year along with Prawn Broker and Benihanas.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bare bones restaurant

Flanigans! It's along the same lines at Bare Bones (but much better in my opinion). It's casual and affordable. The Prawn Broker and Benihanas are nice, but they're very pricey.

boston, MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bare bones restaurant

Hi,

I just came back from Stuart, Huchinson Island, and would like to know where I can find "Flanagans".

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bare bones restaurant

http://flanigans.net/stuart_map.htm

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bare bones restaurant

Bare Bones is in Port Salerno. It is good but I prefer Shrimpers almost next door. Also good in Stuart area is the Dolphin Shrimp and Raw Bar on the ICW and in the little historic downtown area of Stuart are lots of good spots!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bare bones restaurant

Flanigans is on US1 just east of Kanner Highway. It's in the same building as Howard Johnsons. Another good restaurant is Hightide Grill on Hutchinson island. They are located right on the beach, have a good selection of seafood, and make the best drinks. It's on the pricier side, though.

Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bare bones restaurant

Prawnbroker is one of my favorites. We love Benihana too, perhaps the best view in town!

Bare Bones is good and we usually eat there at least once per trip. But if I could only pick one place I would end up at Prawnbroker. Flagler Grill downtown is also good. An awesome hidden gem is tucked away downtown is a great italian place, Jerrys La Famiglia 18 Southeast Seminole Street. We just stumbled into this place and go every trip now.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bare bones restaurant

The reason the quality levels of Bare Bones, Prawnbroker, and Shrimper's are so similar is bacause they're all owned by the same people.

If you like Italian look in downtown Stuart. There's a little place that has sidewalk sevice as well as table service inside. Great for lunches.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bare bones restaurant

Another good spot in downtown Stuart is the Riverwalk Cafe. Great salads and fresh fish as well as oyster bar with New England Oysters, clams, mussels, she crab soup and lobster chowder. Located just off the River behind The Ashley (also a good place to eat).

STUART, FL
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bare bones restaurant

Bare Bones is not owned by the same people who own Shrimpers, Prawnbroker, Palm City Grill, the Black Marlin, etc. Finz is owned by the same people as Bare Bones and the food at either is not as good as the other restaurants listed, althoufg great location.

Good fish prepared more creative (and on a whole different level from a Flanagans in the Howard Joghnson) is Ian's on Dixie Hwy in Rio. Best food in area is 11 Maple street in downtown Jensen beach - again for a much more sophisticated palette than Flanagans. Expensive, but not much more than BareBones and way, way better!

Get answers to your questions about Stuart
Recent Conversations