We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a good restaurant in Sunrise, Florida??

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
23 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a good restaurant in Sunrise, Florida??

My husband and I visit his elderly parents in Sunrise at least once a year. Since we are limited in how far they can travel - and they like to dine out - we have had some of the worst food anywhere. If there is a decent restaurant in Sunrise, Plantation and the immediate area, I would like to know about it. Help!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a good restaurant in Sunrise, Florida??

I understand your frustration-as western Broward is mostly chain restaurants and small ethnic places- hard to find something even a little upscale.

I'm not sure if Fra Diavolo is still open on University Dr just south of Commercial ( I think that would be a Lauderhill address) .Very good Italian if it is I also like J Alexanders( which is a small chain) , just west of the mall on Broward Blvd- and many of our senior friends seem to like it. I also go to a nice little bistro called Mustard Seed across University Dr. from Westfield Mall. I know it is open for dinner, but I only go at lunch and usually have to wait for a table.

My" ladies who lunch" bunch recently went to Bash , a small storefront place on the NW corner of University and Oakland Park Blvd. It doesn't look like much from the outside- the center it is in ( behind a gas station) is very run down and many stores deserted, but we had 18 in our party and everyone loved their lunch and we got excellent service in spite of our large number. It has gotten good reviews by local food critics..

Edited: 14 March 2012, 20:08
2. Re: Is there a good restaurant in Sunrise, Florida??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2016, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Sunrise