We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Marks, FL

Mississippi
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
St. Marks, FL

I will be spending the weekend in St. Marks--can't find much information about places to eat. Also, does anyone know anything about scalloping in the area?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Marks, FL

Barachel - We stayed in St. Marks a couple of years ago at a lovely little B&B, go to www.sweetmagnolia.com and then click the link page and there is information there. We went to a little place that use to be a gas station called Sandy Bottom Bar & Grill, it was good and a lot of fun. Also, there is an oyster bar right before you get into St. Marks, it may still be there (not Indian Pass Raw), it was good. Make sure you check out the Lighthouse and the nature reserve. Not a lot to do there but it is a beautiful area.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Marks, FL

I remembered the name...it is Posey's Oyster Bar..really good and fun place

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Marks, FL

Sorry, I am hearing that Posey's may have been flooded by Hurricane Dennis. Maybe someone knows if it has opened back up.

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Marks, FL

last i checked, i think posey's is still closed...not sure if outz's is open at the bridge at newport or not....you could drive to spring creek restaurant, angelos in panacea (or other places in panacea)

looks like poseys may have moved to panacea per link below

http://www.wakullaarea.com/

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
128 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Marks, FL

Posey's is long gone...Hurricane Dennis destroyed it..

St. Marks has the Sunset Grill and The Riverside Cafe.

Scalloping has been fantastic this year.

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Marks, FL

scalloping....i'm envious

have some calicos for me...little butter...little garlic...in the pan, right off the boat...can't beat it

7. Re: St. Marks, FL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:20