We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Near Tallahassee In the Winter Time

A A
Tallahassee, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Beaches Near Tallahassee In the Winter Time

Hi- Does anyone know if there are any beaches outside of Tallahassee (max 4-5hrs away) that would still be warm and nice to get into the water around this time. We want to take some out of town family members to the beach next week!

Edited: 21 December 2012, 17:34
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Near Tallahassee In the Winter Time

I doubt any beach water is warm enough even as far South as Ft Myers in the Winter Time. Now you might be able to walk in the water knee deep but to immerse yourself totally ... not for me.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
306 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Near Tallahassee In the Winter Time

Got to agree with AhHa--it is way too cold for swimming unless you're into that insane polar bear thing. Water temps will be in the 50s I'd guess in the Gulf waters. Shoot, go for Wakulla Springs right down the road--it is 68 degrees year round if you must swim.

Even St. George Island's gulf water doesn't get to a comfortable level until maybe May.

Good luck!

3. Re: Beaches Near Tallahassee In the Winter Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:15