We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Tallahassee to Key West

Louisiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Tallahassee to Key West

Me and hubby will be driving fom Tallahassee to Key West and we were looking for advice for the trip. Like about how long does it take, where is a good midway stopping point to have lunch at a nice restaurant, and if there is anything of interest to see. I'd appreciate all the info I can get. Thanks,Cat

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Tallahassee to Key West

I posted to you on the key west forum. I do not believe you understand how long the drive takes. If you do not know where you are going (and no offense but i do not believe you do since you are asking how long this will take) it will take you over 12 hours. Florida is the forth largest state in the union behind alaska, texas, and california, it take a while to get from point A to point B.

look at my post on the key west website.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,953 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Tallahassee to Key West

Seminole is right. If you drive straight thru it will take about 12 hours. It's about 5 hours to Melbourne which is where I live and from there to Key West another 7. I have driven both many times. I would suggest driving from Tallahasse to around West Palm or Ft. Lauderdale and spending the night. There are nice restaurants in both places and you can find a hotel not too far from the interstate. Depends on the time of day you are leaving where you will end up for lunch. Check the forum here on TA for both cities you should find some good suggestions there.

3. Re: Driving from Tallahassee to Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:24