We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for celebration over christmas

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant for celebration over christmas

we are looking for a restaurant in which to celebrate my birthday dec 28 and also our anniversary dec 26. staying at alden beach resort, st pete beach; have a car but don't want a long drive back after the celebration meal! we like to dress for dinner and make a special night of it.

we did Alfredino's two years ago, it was unremarkable, about all i remember was that the building smelled funny. the big restaurant at Don Cezar was terrific for my birthday, great service, atmosphere and food. turned out the two bills were about the same.

we like nearly all kinds of food, french is the favorite, i guess. any recommendations?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant for celebration over christmas

Salt Rock Grill in Indian Rocks for one of those occasions.

http://www.saltrockgrill.com/

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant for celebration over christmas

Since you posted in the Tampa forum, I suppose you wouldn't mind driving over Tampa Bay to Tampa. If so, I would suggest the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City or Jackson's Bistro on Harbour Island. Jackson's overlooks Tampa Bay.

I'm sure both will be fully booked for the Christmas holidays so book early.

Both places have websites - consult your Google Gods for details.

Mentioned in this post
Columbia Restaurant
Columbia Restaurant
4,994 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Ybor City
Ybor City
2,421 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Harbour Island
Harbour Island
Out Islands
Florida
Level Contributor
420 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant for celebration over christmas

Read my recent posting on Six Tables.

Mentioned in this post
Six Tables
Six Tables
65 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant for celebration over christmas

If you don't mind driving to Tampa The Cheesecake Factory (at International Plaza lots of other bars/resturants here too) has great food. Maggiano's which is at Westshore and Kennedy is a awesome resturant with great italian food.

St. Peteresburg...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant for celebration over christmas

I agree with Tampan. If the distance of the drive home after is something that matters the Salt Rock would fit the decor and distance that you are looking for. I have celebrated my last 2 anniversaries there. Prices are not ourtageous, just bring your wallet.

6. Re: restaurant for celebration over christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 22:18