We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advise for romantic place!!

orlando
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need advise for romantic place!!

My husband and I decided to take 3 days together, and we would like to know if we should go to Clearwater, Tampa or Sarasota... We would like to go nice restaurants, nice beach and nice romantic atmosphere... January 25-26-27 . Do you have a hotel to recommand????? thank you in advance!!!

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advise for romantic place!!

I would not come to Tampa that weekend for romantic atmosphere, as Gasparilla is going on that weekend. Saturday will be the parade and traffic will be a mess. If you want to party, however, it is a lot of fun. Marriott Waterside is a nice hotel and in the middle of the action as is Embassy Suites Convention Center.

St. Pete and Clearwater beach would be romantic however. I would recommend Don Cesar at St. Pete or new Sandpearl resort at Clearwater beach. Salt Rock Grill is supposed to be great for dinner (I've never eaten there).

Another option would be Saftey Harbor Resort and Spa. Last time I stayed there, it was a bit dated, but have heard there have been renovations.

Sarasota is also nice - I've heard the Ritz Carlton there is very nice.

orlando
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advise for romantic place!!

thank you, i appreciate the comment!

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advise for romantic place!!

I would go to Lido Beach in Sarasota. It is very nice and not very busy!! there is also St. Armands Circle there that has all kinds of shops and restaurants .

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advise for romantic place!!

I agre with the last post. Siesta Key and the Bradenton beaches are all very romantic places. I think there are some cottages you could rent on the beach

5. Re: Need advise for romantic place!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 15:20