We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tolls

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Tolls

Hi! We are driving from Tampa to Captiva, the flight times to Ft. Myers were terrible. I know of the Sanibel toll, but could anyone please tell me how much $$ we'll need for tolls in the Tampa area, including that bridge. Thank you! =)

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tolls

You will need toll money only if you go over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, I am pretty sure it's still under $2. After the Skyway, no more tolls to the airport.

If you go up I-75 to I-4 West to I-275 South to the airport there would be no tolls.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tolls

Thanks, Markbee! =)

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tolls

Sunshine Skyway Bridge= $1.00 each way

You don't have to take it from Tampa to Sanibel though. You can just take I-4 to I-75 for free.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tolls

I would take I-275 south to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. The views form it are worth $1.00.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tolls

I too would take I275 south over the Skyway. It's only a dollar and going the other way, north on 275 (you are going east really in that portion) to I-4 can be a real bear before reaching the intersection with 75 to head south. SO much easier over the Skyway!! No downtown traffic, no malfunction junction, just a really pretty drive once you hit the south end of Pinellas County. Even the drive over the Howard Frankland beats what you would be doing driving it the other way.

evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tolls

Thanks, everyone! My husband wants to see the bridge so we'll spring for the toll. It will be our last dollar left after paying for our trip, but who cares! LOL! It will then be fun to check out the new Sanibel Causeway. I can't wait for my vacation in your beautiful state.

7. Re: Tolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 04:16