We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Michigan
Level Contributor
159 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
beaches

This is probably a silly question, but the week of spring break (Mar 30-April 5) are all the beaches really busy or mainly St Pete and Clearwater?

I've been to Treasure Island before and thought might be good day trip.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches

They all are fairly busy, but St. Pete and Clearwater are the most busy. TI is not too bad, neither are Madeira Beach (next beach north of TI), Reddington Beach (one north of Madeira beach), and Indian Rocks beach are all pretty good most of the year. Madeira beach allows alcohol in metal/plastic containers if that is something that interests you. Indian Rocks has limited public access, reddington and Madeira beach have pretty good public access and parking.

Steve

Michigan
Level Contributor
159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches

Is parking pretty good at TI? Alcohol won't be an issue....I'll have my 16 and 18 year old with me.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches

I am not 100% sure, but I know that there are at least two public lots with a fair amount of parking, also TI and Mad (Madeira) beach are right across the John's Pass bridge from each other, and there is a parking lot on the Mad beach side.

Steve

Michigan
Level Contributor
159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches

Thanks, Steve! We are so looking forward to our visit!

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches

I'm a huge proponent of Ft Desoto Beach, voted #1 beach in the US by Dr Beach a couple of years ago. It is just down a causeway from St Pete Beach, easy to get to down 275 to the Pinellas Bayway. It's only .35 to get in and no cost for parking and there is TONS of it. I've never seen it completely full. My favorite spot is North Beach....once in Ft Desoto, when the road T's, take a right and go as far north as you can. You'll be at north beach. There are bathrooms, picnic tables, guards on weekends. There are no buildings, no restaurants, no T shirt shops--just you, dunes, gorgeous beach and pretty water.

6. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Tampa
Recent Conversations