We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

I am planning a quick trip to the Tampa/St. Pete area in april and would like a place where we can relax by the pool/beach and maybe visit busch gardens, waterpark. I would like to be able to have better than average hotel. Somewhere my teenage girls would enjoy.

Thanks,

Teri in Ohio

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

There are no beaches in Tampa. To the West of Tampa is Pinellas County. This is where the area beaches are. With Teens, I would recommend either Clearwater Beach, or St. Pete Beach. From Clearwater Beach, to Busch Gardens will be about a 45-60 minute drive.

On Clearwater Beach, the two, better than average hotels are the Hilton, and Sandpearl Resort. These are directly on the main beach. Walk to everything. Read around the forums for Clearwater Beach, or St. Pete Beach for alot of great info about these areas.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
9,999 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
Busch Gardens
Busch Gardens
14,736 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Sandpearl Resort
Sandpearl Resort
2,591 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

Tradewinds resort would be a nice place to check out. It is in St. Pete and right on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

We stayed at Sailport Suites which had nice, large rooms, reasonable prices, and great ocean views. Check it out on expedia or trip advisor. Although it doesn't have a beach it is oceanfront a close drive from one. It has a nice pool and tennis court.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

Sailport does have water views of Tampa Bay, but is not gulf front, It is near Tampa Int'l airport, so the beaches would be about a 25-30 minute drive.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
5. Re: Beachfront resort for 4 days 12 and 17 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 19:17