We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens Rides for Plus Sized People

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island City...
Level Contributor
450 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Busch Gardens Rides for Plus Sized People

DH & I will be visiting Busch Gardens Tampa next month and I am concerned about his ability to get on and enjoy some of the rides. My husband is a big guy . . . about 6’2, 290lbs. Does anyone know if the rides are made to accommodate larger people? Anyone with any personal experience? I don’t want to have to get on some of the thrill rides by myself :-(

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens Rides for Plus Sized People

Yeah you should be fine. I worked on the Hulk Coaster at Universal Studios Orlando for a while, and most coasters have specialized seats (usually row 3 and 6) with a double buckle so that a larger individual could fit in the seat. I was able to buckle 350lbs+ individuals so it shouldn't be an issue. I know they have these seats on Montu. Sit down rides where your feet are on the floor and the bar comes down on the entire row of people might be an issue, such as Kumba.

All rides have an attendant at the front door before you enter, your best bet is to simply ask their opinion and they will be more than happy to help you. All front door attendants also work the load side of the ride so they will know exactly what will work and what won't. Please don't be embarrassed to ask them, as they have been asked it many times before and their reputation is usually based on how quickly they get people on and off the ride (and waiting for a larger person can really slow down the process).

2. Re: Busch Gardens Rides for Plus Sized People

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 05:34