We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Topic
I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Anyone have any suggestions on good places to see fireworks on July 4th. Ideally, I'd rather avoid the Aquarium & the masses. Are there any less packed options? FWIW, we live in North Tampa. Something in this area would be great, but not mandatory. Thanks in advance for the help. I'm entertaining guests that week, & want to make sure they see a great fireworks display.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Have dinner in Jackson's Bistro on Harbor Island - if there are still plans for the usual display in Tampa Bay. Call Jackson's to see if you need reservations for that night. I imagine you will.

There is usually also a smaller display here in Brandon.

Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

I've watched them from Plant Park, behind UT, but depending on the launch site, the fireworks may be blocked by trees and buildings. On the positive side, it was not very crowed!

I've also seen them while driving down the upper deck of the Crosstown. This was pretty neat because they are happening all around you as multiple communities launch them.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Other dinner suggestions besides Jackson's are Cafe Dufrain and That's Amore both on Harbour Island. They are a bit smaller than Jackson's. Again, I'd call for reservations.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Temple Terrace usually puts on a pretty good show. A 4th of July parade in the morning and fireworks at night.

Also, depending on how far north you are, Dade City has an annual event at the Pasco County Fairgrounds. There's usually a small fee to enter, but they have music, food, games... A nice small-town kind of feel.

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry, I didn't reply sooner. I just now got an email alert.

I've never heard of Jackson's Bistro. I'll have to look into that, & give them a call. We have a pretty busy day that day, so I'm not sure how we'd work in it, but I can try. It sounds like a place my DH, DS, & I would enjoy, so I'll definitely keep it in mind for a later date.

usfbryan, your post reminded me of a July 4th flight I had a couple years ago. Looking down from a plane provided a really neat light show. I'm sure viewing from the Crosstown was amazing too.

I can't believe I've never heard of these great places on Harbor Island. Obviously, I need to get out more. lol I'll look into the others listed, as well.

We live between Temple Terrace & Dade City, but closer to Temple Terrace. Where do they have the fireworks display there? That would work with our crazy schedule that day. Dade City may work too. We're going to Caladesi & Honeymoon Islands, then Tarpon Springs, so we'll kind of be limited for time.

Thanks again to all of you for the great suggestions.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Call the Chamber Of Commerce in the city of your choice. They should know if there will be a fireworks display and what time and where.

Edited: 28 May 2010, 00:45
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

Wow, that's quite a day you have planned. Since you'll be at the beach in Dunedin, they do a fireworks show as well in the Blue Jays' baseball stadium.

A quick search shows the both Temple Terrace and Dunedin are doing their fireworks on Saturday, July 3, so you may want to check before scheduling anything.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

You might want to think about heading out to the beach the evening of the 4th. We're always on Anna Maria Island, and there are people shooting fireworks off all down the beach. Don't know exactly where else you can find that in the Pinellas/Pasco area, but it is even better than any professional show I've ever seen (and lasts at least a solid hour!)

Tampa
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

The Tampa Rowdies are having a 7pm Soccer game at Steinbrenner field against Miami. There will be fireworks to follow. Prices are between $12-30 for tickets.

New Port Richey...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm looking for fireworks on July 4th, 2010

What Day are they doing the shows? Isn't there one that is done to music on a certain channel on the radio? Anyone out there can help? Thanks & Happy 4th!