We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterparks

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Waterparks

I've been going to Florida for the last few years but realised I have never been to a waterpark.

I know there are a few in Orlando and Adventure Island in Tampa, but does anyone have any suggestions as to the best please?

I'm going in March and will be based in Bradenton, so travel to either is not a problem.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterparks

I feel the the two Disney waterparks are the best, with Typhoon Lagoon having the edge. Adventure island is ok and so much closer to you, but may not open til April? Check their website.

It will be about a 1.5 hour drive to TL from where you are based, and Disney waterparks do close in winter for refurbishment (one at a time so one will be open) so check their website to see who is open when you are there.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterparks

I have to disagree. Sorry. :o( I like Adventure Island the best, but I do also like Typhoon Lagoon too. :O) I have not been to Aquatica (Sea World) yet, but I heard it was a lot of fun. So, you may want to give that one a try too. Also, there is a VERY small water park in Sarasota just south of Bradenton if you want to give that one a try too. Below is the link to it. It is good if you're looking to take kids to a waterpark. It's not really for adults. I just wasn't sure exactly what you were looking for. :O)

sarasota-ymca.org/youthAdultFitness/…

Florida
Level Contributor
734 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterparks

We went to Aquatica last summer and prefered it over Adventure Island. Also have been to all the Disney water parks and enjoyed them all. Wet and Wild in Orlando is alot of fun and less money than Disney water parks with the same amount of rides.

4. Re: Waterparks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Tampa
Recent Conversations