We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rusty Pelican?

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
730 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Rusty Pelican?

It seems that this restaurant gets very mixed reviews here on TA. But its seems to rate fairly high among posters on Zagat and Opentable. So what's a person to believe? Would this be a good restaurant for a special occasion?

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rusty Pelican?

I haven't been there in awhile, but when I went it was good, and it has great views. :O) I would trust reviews of restaurants more on open table than I would TA. That's just me. In other cities, I've noticed that a lot of the reviews on TA are negative when the restaurants are actually good. I think people are more likely to post on TA about restaurants if they're upset or complaining. :O)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rusty Pelican?

Ate there last year with husband for anniversary. Food was good, window looking out onto bay was dirty. I asked wait staff to please clean it (it looked like someone spit on it prior to our arrival at the table). No one cleaned, I asked again, no one cleaned. My husband finally cleaned it himself when I was in the ladies room. The food was good though. So the mixed reviews may be deserved. There are so many Seafood places around that going back to one with bad service doesn't seem likely.

3. Re: Rusty Pelican?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 10:33