We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

Chatham, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

We're going to Tampa in March, and I was checking the car rental prices from Tampa Airport. Zoom has great rates. i.e.- $157.85 for a Toyota Corolla for a week, bottom line. Has anyone had experience with these guys?

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I as well have noticed zoom is much cheaper than most other companies in Palm Springs. Anyone rent from them in Palm Springs? Any feedback would be great.

calgary
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I've rented from them before and have never had a problem. I've used them in L.A. and in Ontario. Getting ready to book a vehicle with them again for my trip to Toronto, Ontario

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

Very strange thread...so many first time posts! Where did y'all come from to suddenly post?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I wonder what they are doing on the Tampa forum talking about renting cars in Palm Springs, LA, Ontario and Phoenix

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

We might try them in March. A SUV for 3 weeks is only $780 compared to $1400 on most other websites's. Just seems to good to be true????

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

Yes Kraig and you said this on the Palm Springs board..clearly this is an ad campaign...go away

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I realise this is an old thread but wanted to give a shout out to the team at Zoom Rentals at Toronto Airport - an earlier posting criticised them for not honouring a discount but this appears to be the fault of the hotel's not the car company. Mike and the team were very friendly and quick during the start of the rental and then very professional and helpful beyond words when we returned the car with a slight dent - we could not have asked for more! I have had much less positive experiences with the larger firms, and recommend this Zoom to anyone.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

Yes, I rented from them via internet last year for a trip to Tampa, Fl. At first I was doubtful as I received several email responses from what appeared to be different sources. But it all turned out to be smooth, efficient and very well priced.

Bangalore...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

I had a horrible experience with Zoom today morning. My brother (A Photographer) was in Bangalore for a short trip and wanted to go to some outskirts of Bangalore to capture some early morning moments of the pleasant weather of Bangalore. I called Zoom Cars on Thursday evening and asked them the procedure since I had to book a car within a short time for him. I had my own driver with me (which I informed the call centre). The guy assisted me in registering me on their website and also guided me on how to book the slot and also to make payment. He also told me that the licence should be uploaded on their site - which I did instantly. The booking was for two days (Saturday early morning 4.00 AM till Sunday night 10.00 PM). I called Zoom again on Friday evening and reconfirmed the booking with them. I also told them that I will come along with my brother and the driver to pick the car.

We started from our place at 3.00 AM & I reached the spot at 4.45 AM and to my surprise he did not give the car until I had the original licence. I told the executive that I will give you the licence but he can release the car with my brother and the driver and He can come with me to BG road and validate the licence. I spoke to the call centre and the staff was very unprofessional. They just kept on repeating the same thing that it is a company policy (like a parrot). Unfortunately after 30 minutes of discussion I cancelled the booking and they charged me 25% of my booking amount without giving me the car. During my entire coarse of interaction no body from Zoom told me that I have to bring the original licence. They kept on saying that it is mentioned on the webpage of Zoom.

Ultimately my brother had to cancel his entire plan as he had to fly back to Scotland on Monday. Overall a horrible experience.

30. Re: Has anyone rented from Zoom Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:18