We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

Hi, I will be in the Tampa area for 2 weeks in July with my husband and 11-year old daughter. We are thinking of booking tickets and a cabana for Adventure Island during our stay, but there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews on here for the park? Has anyone been recently and can they advise? Thanks

Ybor City
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

I always have fun there. They have great slides and it is a fun time. I don't know what others say but I haven't been disappointed. Just the price but I did a season pass one year.

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

Thanks TampaSean, we're now looking forward to our visit and I'm sure we will have a great time.

Tampa, FL USA
Level Contributor
124 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

I haven't been there much, and had low expectations, but thought it was very nice and easy and intend to go again. If you want a great waterpark, you could drive over to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach for the day, they are much bigger and more thematic, but also more expensive and crowded. You could also head over to St. Pete Beach, the Tradewinds Resort has a "water park" in the Gulf, …tbo.com/v/37979078/water-park-in-the-gulf-o… It isn't what I want from the beach, but it is unique.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

My kids are 13 and while we haven't been yet this year, we have had season passes for the past 4 years. My kids love this park and we always have fun when we go. I can't comment on the cabanas, as we've never used them. As another option, you can pack a cooler and find a picnic table in the shade. There are quite a few. This will allow you to have some down time in the shade and provide a nice place for lunch. We usually come back to our table several times in the day for a break from the sun and a snack. All of the slides and tube slides are great. We love the wave pool and the lazy river (when its not too crowded). While not a themed as the Disney waterparks, it is themed and the fun factor is there. And it is a beautiful park. Hope you have a great time on your trip!

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

Thanks Familydream and tkeene that's such a great help. We fly out to Florida in 4-weeks time and we're starting to get very excited now lol!!

Chattanooga TN
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

We are going on a cruise out of Tampa on the 16th,& when we get back, we are going to be @ Adventure Island on Fri the 22nd. We are going to get a cabana. I sure hopr it is worth it. We are usually Disney people (Typhoon Lagoon is my FAVE) BUT....we are going to be in Tampa, & I dont want to drive to Orlando...I always get the Beachcomber Shack @ TL, it is always worth it!!!! What day are you going to be there? You can let me know, or I can let you know!!! LOL

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

That's a brilliant idea lol, we're going to Adventure Island on Tuesday 26th so it would be great if you could let me know what you thought of your visit! Have a fantastic cruise and I hope Adventure Island is great too :-)

Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

Midasmith001 please share with everyone! I would love to get a cabana but wonder if it is worth it. Thanks! - Tania

Commack, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

I will be visiting Adventure Island for first time also with my grandson on August 31st and am planning on renting a "Chicka" hut because it's just the two of us. I can tell you that last year we went to Williamsburg VA and at Water Country (which is the sister waterpark to the Busch Gardens there), we rented a cabana (at a much higher price than they are at Adventure Island) and it was totally worth it. It was right next to wave pool and on the hot day it gave us a place in the shade with a refrigerator, drinks, towels, lounges, table, ceiling fan and even sunscreen. So I think the price of $96(?) at Adventure Island is a great deal.

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adventure Island - Mixed Reviews??

LItraveler22 thanks :) We fly out this weekend and are very much looking forward to our stay in Florida and visit to Adventure Island. Have a great holiday too!