We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cape coral
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Off site parking near Tampa Airport

We are flying out of Tampa in early March and need a place to park our car. Has anyone used the Premier Parking at Howard Johnsons on North Dale Mabry? Is it a safe location? Is there another recommendation? We'll need to leave our car for 8 days and would like to get it back in one piece, unused.

42 replies to this topic
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

A-1 Express parking is just outside the airport, has a shuttle, and costs about half of what the airport charges. Much safer area than the HJ, and a lot closer.

cape coral
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Thank you! I'll check on it.

Dresher, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

We recently used Premier Parking, Tampa (Dale Mabry Rd.) for a 16 night stay for our Lexus. After finding the location, we realized that the lot was fenced only on 3 sides, negating the good of any fence. When we returned to Tampa airport, we were picked up in about 10 min. But after getting into the van, we were told by the driver that 1 of the passengers needed to be at the Trailways Bus Station shortly, and he would take her first. Not being familiar with the Tampa area, we were not initially alarmed, but as were driving North on I -275, we saw Dale Mabry Rd. on the left shortly after our ride began. We then realized we should have been first to be dropped off. After the Trailways stop, the driver continued to go to the hotel stops, mistaking the Marriott for the Courtyard by Marriott, needing directions from a passenger, and failing to drive around a van, slow to discharge passengers in front of us wasting precious time. The end result was that we who should have been first were last, and our arrival at our car was 1 1/2 hr. after boarding the van. We had a 3 hr. drive from there, so we were steamed and will never used this outfit again. Also, when I complained to Premier, I was called and promised a refund. Surprise! Non was processed...

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,517 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Check into the airport's own Economy parking ... I believe it is $9/day. A google search will give you the correct figure.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Be very wary about Premier Parking at 2055 Dale Mabry. We booked it for Dec 22 - Dec 31 as an alternative to the excellent facility at the Intercontinental because an after midnight shuttle was promised, and the IC shuts down earlier.

Never tested the late shuttle because Premier staff abandoned the Dale Mabry back of the HoJo because they were too busy or some other nonsense.

That's the bit on the phone when we called. Well, we did a fast exit to the TPA Economy lot. No refund on the credit card by today, so we just initiated a charge back on our VISA card. So, I recommend the IC on Kennedy Blvd, and folks, stay away from this place - no security. And any of you that have a similar issue, get hold of your credit card company.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Airport economy lot would be the safest - I think it may be $12/day now but not sure.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

I would not recommend Premier Parking on Hillsborough hidden behind Freedman Office Furniture. Surely the least professional operation on earth. The savings doesn't offset the aggravation, risk of delay, and total non-professionalism. We pulled up to a SOLE man working OUTSIDE of the mobile office building and at least 10 people were lined up. We would have never made our flight on time had we waited while this ONE person attempted to register their customers. During the 20 minutes that I wasted there, I never saw the van.....who knows how long it took it to return to the "base" to take those waiting passengers to the airport.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Our experience Premier Parking at the Tampa Airport was a highly unpleasant experience.

We called Premier Parking as soon as we landed to be pickup and was told that the would be there in 20 minutes. 40 minutes later they came with a 7 passenger van, with 17 people waiting. There was no organization as to who called first. The passengers that were able to get on were the ones who fought to the door. Dispatch stated they only had one van operating, but the driver said they had two. Nevertheless, we had to wait an additional 30 minutes for the same van to return. When calling dispatch, the dispatcher proceded to hang up on me twice when I asked for further explanation and asked to speak to a manager. This was very unprofessional. The valet parking area had no lighting in the morning at drop-off or pick-up, which is an extreme safety hazard.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

This place should be avoided at all costs. The lot is not fully fenced. My pickup at the airport (after a 24 hr. travel day) took nearly an hour. With another hour and a half to home, I was not pleased. Then we arrived at the lot in the dark - literally - as it had no electricity. They were using a flashlight to find owner's keys. It is not worth whatever savingss were involved. This was March 16, 2013.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 17:23
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off site parking near Tampa Airport

Is that the same place offering $7 parking > http://flsave.com/tampaparking ? They are at 5015 W. Hillsborough Ave., I google mapped it & couldn't really tell much from the map.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 17:40
Reply to: Off site parking near Tampa Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted