We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntingdon
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

we are going to pick up my daughter and partner from Tampa airport

it will be a sat about 5pm -6pm ish where is the best place to park to pick them up?as it is new to us as we are out the previous week and coming from Rotonda (and no toll road would be good).

which brings me to my other question as we had a nightmare last year, we happily paid a toll road from Miami to Rotonda ,but on the way back to Miami we got lost as usual and we incurred a fine for a toll road we didn't even know we went through

l am nervous now as we only go from airport to Rotonda ,this year we are doing one day at Orlando ,can some one PLEASE tell me can l just pay at the toll with cash as l always do .I WOULD APPRECIATED SOME ADVICE .THANK YOU

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

You just park in short stay at Tampa Airport - free for the first hour - really easy, well signposted. The only toll from Rotonda to Tampa is $1 on the Sunshine Skyway bridge and from Rotonda to Orlando no tolls.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

Tampa airport has a cell phone lot where you can wait for guests to arrive. I believe they have a screen showing flight arrivals as well - I'm not sure about that though. The cell phone lot is only a few minutes drive (about 1 mile) from the arrival gates.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

There is only the $1 toll to cross the bridge on I275, which is the route you want to take. you can pay cash, just keep to th right lanes at the toll plaza.

And yes, there is a cell phone lot, but given they are coming off the BA flight and may not have a workable phone you could just drop one of you off (with a phone) and the the driver can wait in the cell lot.

Or, if you are adding one of the party to your rental agreement, just go into car rental part of the garage you rented from and one of you waits with the car.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,517 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

If you plan to arrive when the plane arrives, the 1 hour free parking will be plenty of time for your daughter to get her luggage and be ready to leave. If you want to give yourself more time plan to arrive about 20 minutes after the plane arrives.

In fact most times you can actually wait right outside the baggage claim area as long as someone stays in the car.

Edited: 30 May 2012, 23:10
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

1 hour can be tight if immigration or baggage is slow.

One memorable Sunday I waited over an hour for my bag off that international flight.

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

Thank you all for your help l really appreciate it

:-)

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

On the way into the airport, signs list each airline as either red, or blue. Park in the short term parking garage, on the red, or blue side. Get in the red or blue elevator from the parking garage, and it will go right to the baggage carousels.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

Except again, different for Uk/international passengers. Who get their bags off a carosel right after immigration. And unless you want to take a long time, you just roll your bag onto the monorail for the trip to the terminal.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

Short term is your best bet. If you should go over the hour, it is only $4 for the next hour. That way you can meet them as they come off the monorail, and if they are a bit delayed can get a cold drink to pass the time.

Huntingdon
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: parking at tampa airport to pick up/toll charges

Brilliant ,Thank you for all your information ,l really appreciate it

:-)