We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food near Tampa Airport?

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Food near Tampa Airport?

Hi

We're visiting from the UK at the end of this month and on 1st January a relative is flying in to join us. We're staying in Orlando but they are flying in to Tampa.

When we pick her up from the airport she'll probably need food on our way back to the villa. Nothing special - just a regular place e.g. Denny's, iHop, Applebees etc. I remember she enjoyed Applebee's last time.

Any suggestions en route but closer to Tampa?

Thanks

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food near Tampa Airport?

Inside the airport, but before you have to clear security, is a TGI Fridays, and a Carabbas Italian Grill. You could meet her at one of these.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food near Tampa Airport?

Just near the airport is the International Mall with lots of great eating options. then you can get back on the highway.

If you want cheaper grub, further towards Orlando, you can stop in Lakeland at the Crackerbarrel or other eateries just off I4.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food near Tampa Airport?

You'll probably pay more for anything inside the airport. There are lots of places to stop on the way back to Orlando ... all the exits now have blue sign boards indicating what restaurants, gas stations, and hotels are right near the exits. On your way from Orlando to the airport look at some of these signs and see what is available for the trip back. Cracker Barrel is a good choice if you've never tried one before.

Central PA
Level Contributor
55 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food near Tampa Airport?

I have mentioned this before, but Whiskey Joe's is about a 5 minute cab ride from the airport. It's a full service restaurant, even has a little beach next to it. Right on the bay, and you can watch the jet ski riders right outside the window. Great sunset views of the bay, the food is a wide range, from pub food to full seafood and steaks. Look at a picture of the place, it's sort of polynesian looking, up on stilts right on the water's edge. It is a little tricky to find on your own, it's on the Courtney Campbell Causway (Rte 60) going towards Clearwater. As you exit the airport, you actually go NORTH about a half a mile, and then watch closely for signs to the Campbell Causway to Clearwater. After you pass the Shriner's hospital on the left, then Crabby Bill's restaurant (another great place, beach volleyball, pub food, bayside), you will look for it on the left. Watch closely, if you miss the turn, you will be driving over the causeway to Clearwater! International Village is also a great area. A GPS would help a lot to find places if you are driving on your own. I'm not from Tampa myself, but every time I visit, I find the maze of roads near the airport a bit confusing without a GPS.

5. Re: Food near Tampa Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:17