We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Rent A Car

new york
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Advantage Rent A Car

Has anyone rented from Advantage Rent A Car in Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Their price is half of what Budget is. Do they have new cars and how is the service. I have never heard of them and the old saying "it is too good to be true" sticks with me. Can anyone else give any input. I just am concerned why the price is so much cheaper that all national brands?

georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advantage Rent A Car

they are very good. I always rent from they and yes there cars are new. I love this company it is actually my favorite I left budget and went here.

Orcutt, California
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advantage Rent A Car

I will never rent from Advantage again. When I got to the rental counter, they said unless I could prove that I had liability coverage on my own auto insurance, it was mandatory that they charge me for it. Thus, what I thought was going to be a good deal cost me twice as much! Unfortunately I had already prepaid for the rental (less the insurance that I now had to pay!), otherwise I would have asked other rental car companies at the airport for their costs. I have never had to do this proof of auto insurance details before with other rental companies. Then, I was supposed to get a compact car (Nissan Versa or similar), and was given a Toyota Yaris. Really, that's the same class? The Yaris has like no luggage space. It was tight but we made it work for 2 people with dive gear.

georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advantage Rent A Car

Which location? And I haven't been asked for proof before but I always rent from the Atlanta location.

4. Re: Advantage Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:20