We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

I will be in Largo for 10 days (end of March/first week in April) with my 12 year old daughter and looking for fun things to do that won't cost a fortune! Looking for info on any amusement parks, water parks, nice beaches . . . .really - open to any and all ideas!

Thanks

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Will you have a car? Lots of areas in and around there, but will require a car. Lowry Park zoo is great. About $25/person. Plenty of beaches. Maybe a trip to Tarpon Springs. History of sponge diving, lots of shops and restaurants, and a boat trip.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

www.sunsetsatpier60.com The nightly sunset celebration at Clearwater Beach is free and kids love it. There is also family friendly movies on a big screen in the park at the foot of the pier on Fri Sat just after sunset. Will probably have to pay to park the car though.

The Largo Community Center has a free 'farmers market' on Sat mornings. It is small, but is closeby, and has some good deals on crafts and fruit/veggies etc.

congoriver.com/clearwater-experience-the-con… A fun mini-golf at South Clearwater/N Largo and your daughter could feed the little gators.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Depending on your definition of "spending very little" I don't think you will be able to go to amusement parks and places like that.

The boardwalk at Sawgrass Park makes for a nice leisurely walk. It's free including parking. www.pinellascounty.org/park/16_sawgrass.htm

You could also wander around downtown St Petersburg and the Pier.

There are separate forums on trip advisor for St Petersburg and Clearwater where you might find more ideas.

Edited: 23 February 2013, 17:51
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Heritage park and gardens are free

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Visit any of the gulf beaches, with Clearwater Beach at the north end, and St Pete Beach south, and many smaller beach towns in between. Here are a few things to do in that area:

John's Pass is a "quaint turn-of-the-century" fishing village with shops, restaurants and attractions such as boat tours, jet ski rental, parasailing, etc.

http://www.johnspass.com/

Visit Winter the dolphin at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium

http://www.seewinter.com/

There is a "waterpark" right in the water at the Tradewinds Resort in St Pete Beach. It's $25 for a one hour pass, and you can relax and have a cool drink while keeping an eye on her.

tradewindsresort.com/water-park-tampa-florid…

It was a little tame for my 15 year old, but my 13 year old enjoyed it.

No matter what you do, enjoy the time with your daughter! It is all too fleeting.

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Tampa Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)

http://www.mosi.org/default.aspx

Go to a spring training game baseball (March), several teams in the area. Or to a regular season Rays game, as they are at home the first week:

tampabay.rays.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=tb

Busch Gardens Amusement Park - very pricey. Single day tickets are $85 .... BUT ..... You can also either eat all day for free, or come back for a second day free, lol. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you did ask about amusement parks.

http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa

Edited: 24 February 2013, 22:09
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
63 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

All the amusement parks are expensive. Lowry park zoo is nice. also if you have a car, You can drive uo to Crstal River area. Rent a pontoon for half a day and go swimming in the spring. also if you go early in the morning maybe see a manatee. If you come during march/April there usually are lots of festivals on the weekend. I love the beach so a nice way to spend the day.

MOSI is a nice visit as well. If you like outdoors , phillippe park, hillsborough river park are nice places to visit.

Tampa
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

Try a ghost tour of ybor city. www.yborghosttour.com

9. Re: FUN things to do spendig very little . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:15