We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars w/live music for 40-50 something age folks...

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
179 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Bars w/live music for 40-50 something age folks...

Coming into Tampa for the weekend in December.

Looking for bars within a 15-20 minute drive of the Tampa airport that have live music on the weekends. Any kind of cover band is fine...classic rock, r&b, party band, etc...

Just looking to avoid walking into a bar filled with nothing but college age kids where we would be completely out of place.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars w/live music for 40-50 something age folks...

I think the Fox near Westshore Plaza has that age crowd with live music. Blue Martini at International Plaza used to have a pretty mixed age crowd (from 20s to 50s), but I haven't been in years.

Tampa, Florida...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars w/live music for 40-50 something age folks...

Ricks on the River does live music quite often. They are also a full service restaurant, so it is an option to dine with them as well. They are located on the Hillsborough River (as the name implies) in downtown Tampa.

The Green Iguana on Westshore Blvd. has live music quite often as well. But call to double check if this place interests you because this location varies on entertainment, sometimes it is open blues jam, an actual band, or sometimes djs.

Another option is to go to Ybor City. This is the farthest away out of everything I have mentioned, but still not too bad from the airport. It might be the best option because there are many bars that have live music right on 7th Ave. so you can simply just walk to another one. Some that do live music in Ybor include: Gaspar's Grotto, Tequila's, James Joyce Irish Pub, The Green Iguana (I already mentioned, but this is the location in Ybor - They have several locations around Tampa)

I encourage you to look up anything I mentioned. Almost all of the bars I mentioned have websites, and certainly have reviews on here.

3. Re: Bars w/live music for 40-50 something age folks...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:17