We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo or Aquarium

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Zoo or Aquarium

I have a morning free on one day in July where I will be in Tampa. Would you recommend the Lowry Park Zoo or Aquarium? It would be up to 3 hours so Busch Gardens is obviously out. I am leaning towards the Aquarium due to it being inside but I could do either.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed too.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoo or Aquarium

I'd have to say the Aquarium. Three hours should be more than enough time to visit and it shouldn't be too crowded. Plus it is inside so the heat won't be a factor. The zoo will most likely be a little more crowded in the morning as guests will try to get in and out before the heat hits.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,802 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoo or Aquarium

Definitely aquarium because it is inside.

Trinity, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoo or Aquarium

Yes, the Aquarium is inside but the zoo is more interesting and a lot of fun. Go in the am when it opens and you will be fine. I have memberships to both.

4. Re: Zoo or Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 07:16