We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not rent from Payless Car Rental in Tampa ! Awful!

Hanover, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Do not rent from Payless Car Rental in Tampa ! Awful!

Seriously: the worst experience ever and I plan to repost this on EVERY site I use to look at reviews. Not worth saving the $8-10. I had reserved an ECON car and my girl tried to stick me w/ a minivan (Teywanna was her name). Meanwhile the guy at the other side was offering an economy car to that couple, while trying to con them into a mustang at a higher rate...he was trying to convince them an economy car would not get them where they were going--um, we were in TAMPA not in the freaking everglades or mountains. When I asked him if Econ cars were available, he said "I don't know, you have to see what she has" (LITERALLY) and in the most surly of fashions referred me back to my girl (FYI: both were working June 11, 2014 at 11am). Only after I refused to car asked to cancel my reservation was a car magically found. They were subfleeting--as if I, someone who DOES NOT DEAL IN CAR rentals, would know what the heck that means. Even worse, the guy in front of me had been given a bill $50 higher than what he was quoted, and he was forced to open his bags, dig out his laptop to find his original quote (which he did). The process LITERALLY took 45 minutes whereas Alamo was 5 mins the week before. NEVER again. When I got the car, it was dinged in front/back and the seats were stained--and the inside smelled of that sickly scent you spray as cover up, NOT as "clean car/new car" smell, which tho chemical, smells nice, haha. The incredible rudeness and surliness of these two staff members were OVER THE TOP. I'm sorry if you hate your career, but this is what you do--it's customer service. The car drove fine though couldn't get over what the heck kind of stains I was sitting on--EVERY SEAT was stained. And, the shuttle doesn't run that frequently to pick up at airport (every 20 mins) THO the return shuttle is pretty quick. Returning the car, Lyon helped out and he was pleasant. It's just the jerks at the front who ruin it. NEVER EVER AGAIN. Trust me. The extra $10 at Alama would be worth your money. Their lot was gross, their service terrible, and they were RUDE.

1. Re: Do not rent from Payless Car Rental in Tampa ! Awful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:16