We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

Sanford, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

My wife and I are going to a concert in Tampa Sunday night and will be staying in a hotel Saturday night. We would like go to a park/beach (somewhere we can hangout and swim) possibly Honeymoon Island State Park to spend the day. We know they have showers there but we were wondering if they are good enough and private enough facilities for us to shower, wash up and change before leaving to go out to dinner and go to the concert. Or if anyone know for a fact somewhere in the Tampa area that would better fit this bill.

Thank you

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

Honeymoon Island is not only NOT in Tampa, it's about an hour's drive away -- but yes, there are showers:

floridastateparks.org/honeymoonisland/activi…

The beaches at Clearwater and St Pete are a little closer -- facilities depend on what part of the beach you're on.

Sanford, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

Not worried about the hour drive and I know there are showers there I just wanted clarification on the quality of the facilities.

Sanford, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

and depending on where specifically in Tampa it could be more like less then half an hour

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

No, there is no way on the planet that you are going to get from Honeymoon Island to any concert venue in Tampa in 30 minutes unless you've somehow perfected the transporter a la Star Trek. I figured it from downtown Tampa -- if the concert is at the Amphitheatre or the Sun Dome, there's a good chance it will take you well over an hour.

As far as quality, the floors are going to be wet and sandy, and there are going to be people waiting, so you're not going to have lots of time or a significant amount of privacy or clean floors.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

It is about the closest Gulf beach from Tampa timewise because you don't have to deal with the Clearwater traffic. You go north on US 19 from SR 60. Thirty minutes won't happen.

I had a similar situation in Hawaii a few years ago where I had to check out of a condo at 10:00 with an 11:00 pm flight. Just change your clothes in the restroom. A little saltwater bath never killed anyone LOL.

Sanford, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

Thank you!

I was referring to the 30 mins from our hotel near the airport.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

Still a nope.

The airport to Honeymoon Island is still going to be 45 minutes, and that's if you don't hit traffic.

The airport to the St Pete Times forum is going to be 30 minutes, but that's not counting time for finding parking and getting into the venue -- very possibly more with concert traffic.

The Sundome is going to be closer to 45 minutes, as is the Amphitheatre, particularly since the construction on I-275 pretty much has traffic at a crawl at any time of the day or night.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

I know Google says 30 minutes or less, but Google isn't driving in the construction right now. It's completely ridiculous how the DOT has hamstrung an entire city.

9. Re: Honeymoon Island showers/facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:17