We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap air

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
cheap air

Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for the cheapest airfare out of Chicago to Tampa (roundtrip), for the end of March? Alot of the discount airlines I'm finding don't fly into Tampa. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap air

Try a site like sidestep.com or kayak.com. I'm not sure which exact dates you are looking at. I put in a few dates in March on sidestep and found a $200 flight on Airtran.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap air

Skyvalue airlines just started flying from Gary, IN to St. Pete/Clearwater Int'l (airport code PIE). Might be cheaper than flying into Tampa. PIE is a smaller airport and about a 20 minute drive from Tampa airport. Kind of like O'hare / Midway (although PIE is much smaller than Midway).

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap air

I fly to Chicago at least 6 times a year for biz and pleasure, best rates have been on Southwest from Midway, or Ted from O'Hare. Always under $150.00 round trip. Best thing about Southwest is there "Ding" fares, typically $44.00 each way, and if you book at a higher fare, and then see a lower one advertised, you can cancel and rebook at the lower fare, and keep the credit for another Southwest flight.

Omaha Nebraska
Level Contributor
39 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap air

I also fly southwest from omaha and have been able to book trips through Southwest for less than $100 round trip. Look for their internet user rates or one way rates. It helps to look daily if you can.

5. Re: cheap air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 09:15