We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island beach

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure Island beach

I live in Seattle and go back to Fl every year to get out of the rain and make sure the sun is still there.

I used to go to New Smyrna beach (just south of Daytona), but the hurricanes have decimated the beach there, so I'm looking for another location.

Would the beach at Treasure Island be hard packed enough to walk a mile or so without sinking in every step? I just love to walk in the surf for miles, but some beaches are just too soft (Pensacola, for example). Can anyone recommend a good beach for this kind of walking?

Thanks.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Island beach

Yes, Treasure Island Beach is good for walking as is St. Pete Beach to the south and Clearwater Beach to the north.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
403 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure Island beach

Love, Love, LOVE the beach at TI. It's soft far back, but packed hard next to the water...you have the best of both worlds.

3. Re: Treasure Island beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2004, 16:55
St Petersburg, FL
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure Island beach

I live in St Pete. When I want to walk at the beach, I go to Treasure Island or Pass-a-grill.

Lusby, MD
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure Island beach

I was there Christmas week-- it rained, but that just packed beach sand-- very nice for walks, watching the seabirds and picking up sea shells....make sure they are really empty-- my husband picked one up that later tried to crawl away!

matherville, il
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Treasure Island beach

our family of around 25 members are trying to find a good hotel on treasure island beach that will let us lounge around, shop, swim, a free continental breakfast and not spend a fortune on the room ( 4 nights ). it does not have to be a 3 star, but clean and handy too things.

any ideas? PLEASE help. we are planning this for june of 2006( the only time all of us can get together ).

thanks for any hotel ideas right on the beach.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Treasure Island beach

We stay at Land's End on Treasure Island building 10 unit 302. A great walk to Caddy's (1 mile), to the Bilmar Hotel (2 miles) or John's Pass 3 miles). Resort Rentals online

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Treasure Island beach

Contact the Treasure Island Chamber of Commerce at www.treasureislandchamber.org. The can help you out.