We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

Sunset Beach
4 posts
Save Topic
Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

T.I. to hold special"emergency meeting Narch 26 @ 6:00 pm, to propose banning achol on Sunset Beach, the is same Commision that has spent 100s of thousands of dollarrs tring to bring people to the beach, Dan on Sunset Beach

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

Dan,

please attend the meeting and vote!

Is the proposed ban planned to be citywide, or just south of Caddy's? Where are we supposed to have our sundowners?

I love Sunset Beach. In the past I have been fortunate enough to rent an oceanfront property where we can enjoy the sunset and cocktails in the privacy of our terrace, but it is so much more pleasant to leave the house, walk down to the beach and meet friends for a toast to the setting sun.

Please do post the outcome of this vote.

If I remember correctly, there was a similar proposal years ago and it was defeated. A reporter and city editor of the Tribune wrote about it extensively and later incorporated the whole thing into one of his books. I believe the name of the writer was Tim Dorsey the title "The Hammerhead Ranch Motel" or similar. Hilarious

Good Luck!

Mimi

Sunset Beach
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

TREASURE ISLAND'S MAYOR EMAIL please email the Mayor

rminning@mytreasureisland.org

TREASURE ISLAND TO BAN SUNSETS

A special emergency meeting to ban alcohol on “only” Sunset Beach @ 6:00pm Thursday March 26 Treasure Island City Hall . If you have ever enjoyed an “adult beverage” on our beautiful beach please come and show your support, not all residents want the ban .If this issue is important to you, please attend the meeting at City Hall, 108th Ave, this Thursday at 6 pm. Let your voice be heard!

Seems crazy, Treasure Island "needs" Vistors now they do something to make the beach less attractive (an affordable)

Albany NY
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

Dear Dan,

Probably the Drum people caused that, they had problems with them urinating on the beach and leaving a mess, so thats why they probably want to ban it!

I always have my hooch in a big plastic sippy cup, very descreet!

Ellen

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

The proposal is for just a temporary ban of no more than 60 days, due to larger Spring break crowds. I'm not saying I'm for it, I just haven't seen it mentioned here that it is a temporary ban they are looking at.

Of course, give them a temp one, next thing is permanent one . . .

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

I just did my part. Here's a copy of an e-mail I sent to the mayor...

Please don't ban beer in T.I.!

I'm from Montreal, QC and visit Treasure Island every year. I love the beach, I love the people, I love the sunsets and I also love the fact that I can enjoy a cold one once in awhile to fight the heat and the sun.

Maybe if you put more trash cans the beach would be cleaner. I ALWAYS pick up empty cans and bottles (although glass containers are already banned) whenever I see one but to be honest, I don't see a lot of trash cans.

I do my part to keep T.I. the most beautiful place on earth, please do yours to keep it the most fun place in the world.

Thanks you

Eric Lefebvre

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

Just read the proposal to ban alcohol was defeated. Mimi

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

It was defeated. I saw an article in the paper about a large crowd that showed up to be heard.

8. Re: Treasure Island to ban Sunsets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:23