We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Hello,

Do any of the TI restaurants have early bird specials? Or any other kind of deals?

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Captain Kosmakos does, as do many other restaurants in that area. Captain K' has great Oysters Rockafeller that are on special in the late afternoon (if I remember correctly). They also have a really good lobster special that I think is one of their early bird deals.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Hi Whyshoshoni,

Grab a copy of Beach Life Magazine, its a good size flyer has all the deals

and specials.

R-Bar although not very fancy has great specials 7 nights a week.

Have great time in T.I.

Ellen

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Thanks love_florida! I will be sure to check out Captain K's! My hubby loves oysters any which way. The lobster sounds yummy too!

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the tip! Is the beach life magazine available throughout the area? And is the R-Bar suitable for tweens and teens, or is it more of a true bar scene?

I will not be in T.I until June, but until then I am doing my armchair traveling and planning until I get to go back. This will be my third time in the area, and we really love it! We have a few food faves (DeLosa's Pizza, PJs Oyster Bar, the Cajun Cafe, to name a few) but want to find more great eats.

Cindy

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

beach life is available in the chamber of commerce, ricky t,s foxys, most places where you see a eating place...

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Thanks Tony! I'll be sure to pick one up. I know you know the area very well; do you have any favorite restaurants to recommend, with or without special deals?

Albany NY
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Why,

Most of the stores and motels-hotels, gas station have them!

ellen

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Hello again, Cindy!

Many, many places have early-bird specials. One of the best deals is the $12.95 dinner at Middle Grounds Grill before 5:30. Wednesday is also half-price bottles of wine.

Carino's on Blind Pass in SPB has $8.95 limited menu til 5:30.

Some other Local Specialty great eats are:

Floridian Cafe in TI for Cuban sandwiches

Dockside Dave's (2 locations, in SPB and MadBeach, both on Gulf Blvd.) for grouper sandwiches

Ted Peters' Smoked Fish in South Pasadena (a >50 year local favorite)

Would also recommend a brand new restaurant in SPB called Wildwood Barbecue and Burgers. It's located in the Postcard Inn (formerly the Travelodge). Excellent food, great service, stylish decor. It has become very popular, very quickly.

I'm impressed that you found Cajun Cafe! Love that place, but it's kind of out-of-the-way from the beaches, so I never recommend it!

Edited: 10 December 2009, 13:55
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Middlegrounds is a very nice place, the bar manager Lyssa also works in the the Bilmar a very nice person and very helpful. Sloppy Joes has pulled its socks up, so too speak recently, so would recommend dining there. at Johns Pass , there are plenty on dining places. for all tastes. would recommend looking during the daytime and picking one you like rather than turning up and being disapointed!! personally ,being English, i like to eat around 4 in the afternoon, like at home, then your food has settled bye the time its swig time!!(slang for having a drink!!) anymore info just ask .....TONY...

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant deals, early-bird specials

Thanks Ellen!! Between you and Tony, if I can't find one then I probably have my eyes closed, LOL!

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island
Recent Conversations