We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water tempature in January?

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Water tempature in January?

Can anyone tell me what the approx temp of the water is this time of year?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water tempature in January?

Currently, 61 degrees. And not likely to get warmer any time soon. Our air temp is not forecast to reach the 60's for the next week! A very prolonged cold spell for us :(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water tempature in January?

EEK! Is that typical for this time of year? Might have to re-think changing our tip dates up a bit. I'm planning our trip for January of 2011.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water tempature in January?

It's not the *average* highs we experience in January, but it can happen! If you are counting on beach weather, put off your trip as far into the year as you can :)

I'm not trying to be negative, but we can get some cold fronts right through March and early April. Of course, this is the heart of winter right now, so this is the most likely time for cold weather. We generally see a lot of improvement after Valentine's Day. And, typically, even when it's cold out, it is sunny and dry.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water tempature in January?

We have a pool at home, a boat and a cottage that we enjoy in the warmer months so every winter we like to go away some place warm. Southern Ontario is at it's coldest at this time of year and we need a break.... Usually we go to southern California but I though it would be nice to just drive up to Florida instead and hang out on the beach, rent a boat, fish and build some sand castles with our little guy. Can't really do that in January or February in CA. The weather is nice but not really warm enough for a real beach vacation...

5. Re: Water tempature in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 06:16