We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New resident of Treasure Island.

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New resident of Treasure Island.

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum and also a new resident of Treasure Island. My wife and I bought our first home in Paradise Island and have been in it for about 3 months now. We absolutely love Treasure Island. We previously lived in St. Petersburg for the past 5 yrs., so any questions you might have with regard to these areas I would be happy to help answer if I can.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

hi john, welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy treasure island living, cos when my lotto numbers come up, im moving in to the hood!!! lol lol

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

Hi Tony- I hope those numbers hit for you soon! You'd be surprised what you can scoop up with the housing market still being in the gutter.

Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

Hi John! My family and I will be visiting this August. What are your favorite restaurants and why? Btw Maya and this board have been so helpful with their recommendations but I would love to hear your favorites. Thanks!

- Tania

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

Hi John, Welcome to the (cyber) neighborhood! And welcome to your real-life new home out here on the Beaches!

TI and SPB queries frequently overlap, so you'll be seeing me around often :-)

~ Maya

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

Hi Tania,

Glad to hear that you will be visiting TI soon. Here are a few spots I have tried so far and enjoyed. Madfish on St. Pete Beach. They have an awesome burger (Madburger) and wonderful baked goat cheese appetizer. Recently the wife and I tried out their breakfast. It was very good, lovely presentation and the price was reasonable as well.

We also like Foxy's in TI for breakfast, mainly due to the fact we can walk or bike ride there and the food is good and super cheap. The waitstaff is great also. I am addicted to the Cuban sandwich at the Floridian. Middle Grounds is a great spot to hit for a "dressy" dinner or special occasion. I have had the grouper, hogfish and NY strip and all have been wonderful. Patrick's on St. Pete Beach is also a nice "dressy" spot. For pizza we like Vito & Michaels. Britt's Coal Fire is pretty good also. The Blue Parrot has a great shrimp pasta dish. And there is a pink liquor store called "Normans" on St. Pete Beach which has a lounge bar in back and a GREAT Reuben sandwich, but it is a dive! I'm not sure if you have vacationed here before, but some of my fav's are in St Pete Beach which is right down the road.

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

HI Maya,

Thanks for the message. I love St Pete Beach! Has always been my favorite off all the gulf beaches.

Carmel, ME
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

I've never been to Treasure Island, but am thinking about planning a trip there! How is the beach and is it a good place for kids(a 12 and 9 year old)?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

The beach is wide and clean and never overcrowded, and plenty space to run around on, there is plenty of things to do

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

Beach is like Tony said, very wide and plenty of room. Always see families out there having a good time.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New resident of Treasure Island.

The views at sunset are fabulous especially with a cold one!!!!