We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please???

Glen Cove, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice please???

My husband and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary Sept. 1, we don't have a lot of money and have only been on 1 vacation since our honeymoon and we just stayed with some friends in Orlando. Well my sister has some kind of deal through Interval International and was able to "gift" us a week at a participating resort for a lot less than usual cost. We chose the Bilmar on Treasure Island and it looks like the room is probably one of the studios which is fine. But I'd really like a studio on the ground floor with a gulf view and access directly to the beach. After reading all the reviews, it seems that they are very accommodating but what would be the best way to try and get one of those rooms? Should I just ask straight out (I'm not very pushy or demanding or good at haggling) or mention our anniversary when I call to confirm or upon check in and hope for an upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chatham Illinois
Level Contributor
129 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please???

Why don't you try E-mailing the hotel directly. Go to thier website for contact info. They are very good people to work with. Sept. is off season and they might be able to upgrade you with a little additional cost. Good luck and have fun.

2. Re: Advice please???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:17