We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to swim withb dolphins ?

chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
where to swim withb dolphins ?

were staying in venice till the 31st of march . anybody know where we can swim with dolphins near venice ? i know about key west & miami , but is there any thing closer like within a 20 or 30 minute ride ? we just missed the sunset last nite & there were alot of people on the beach , it would appear to be quite the get together around here ( pretty cool ) so any info would be great .

chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to swim withb dolphins ?

forgot , were next to the beachcomber .

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,745 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to swim withb dolphins ?

Sorry, no swimming with dolphins here.

Maine
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to swim withb dolphins ?

I went to the beach at the end of the Jetty in Nakomis and I saw dolphins swimming there...I did not actually swim at that beach, however, I know that when I was in Spain on the beach the dolphins would swim right up to you. It is not unusual (although sometimes a little scary) for wild dolphins to swim up to people and play with them. According to the locals, there are often dolphins around there.

Also, I strong suggest Sharky's, it's a little touristy, but fun. I love the band...High Tide (a little rock, a little reggae). It is the best band that plays there according to those frequent Sharkys and work there. Also the end of the pier is a great place to watch the sunset. Or at the tiki bar...

Anyway, have fun, I enjoyed my stay. Good luck with the dolphins.

Oh, one more thing, I rented a jet ski (forget the name of the place, but it was near Pop's). Very much fun, I highly suggest it.

4. Re: where to swim withb dolphins ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Venice