We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Beach

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Venice Beach

I took the advice of the two posters who suggested I search vacationrentals.com and vrbo.com and found a few homes on or very near the beach in the Venice area. One of the homes I'm interested in is on the public Venice beach. Can somebody tell me how public the public beach is and if it's very crowded all the time?

Thanks

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Beach

Te public beach in Venice is just that ~ very public. Anytime you are directly on the beach you will not have the privacy that you would have not being directly on the beach. The beaches are very quiet though following the sunset. If you are on Venice Beach location would be important as well as there are lots of condos which would mean more activity...actually I don't recall a private home directly on the beach.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Beach

Do you have an address for this property?

~SRQgirl

Boston
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Beach

The address is 1125 Harbor Drive. It looks nice and the agent says its 150 steps to the beach so I'm thinking across the street? Do you know it?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Beach

I just drove by it a few hours ago. Too bad you didn't get back to us sooner- I would have checked it out for you.

It seems tobe on the on the corner (or near it) there where I drive by down past the airport then turn left on harbour (yours is right) to get to the beach parking lot, the pier and sharkys.

Not too many on the beach there today, and it was hot. Will be more crowded 'in season' and at weekends. There were waved today and even one guy surfing/paddling. My teens did a little boogie boarding.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Beach

This house address would be close to the Venice Airport and about 1 1/5 miles to the Venice downtown area.

If the TA poster Amanx drives by there more frequently, she could give you an idea of the walking time to the beach.

~SRQgirl

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice Beach

In addition, you can "google" this address and see the location.

Sunset Drive is to the west of this property, so it does not appear to be across the street from the beach.

~SRQgirl

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice Beach

I don't know where all the walking footpaths/beach access are as I always drive there. But I think there is one not far, and I think a walk to the beach is quick from there.

Boston
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice Beach

I've also been looking at a few other properties. Do you know any of them? Opinions?

721 Apalachicolo Rd

1239 Tarpon Ctr. Drive

Venice Beach Villas

Inn at the Beach

Anything you can tell me will help. We are really looking for something very very close to the beach (if not on it). We prefer single family homes but there doesn't appear to be many of those available.

Thanks so much. It is so helpful when planning a vacation to have input from others who live there or visit often, especially when it's a first trip.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice Beach

Neither of the first 2 properties are " on" or across the street from the beach.

Tarpon Center Drive is by the Venice Yacht Club not far from the Crow's Nest restaurant...not on the beach side.

You can "google" each address..such as

"721 Apalachicola Rd. Venice, FL"

and see a map and other websites with info and the locations and proximity to the beach.

I cannot comment on the condition etc. of single family homes. It's easier to give opinions on condos and hotels/motels...easier access to see them and more traveler reviews/comments.

As far as the Venice Beach Villas and Inn at the Beach, you can read reviews here on TA under the "hotels" section.

There are quite a few...

~SRQgirl

Edited: 28 October 2010, 19:07
Boston
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice Beach

Thanks so much for your help.