We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Sands condos

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Sands condos

We will be spending 2 -3 months this winter at a condo at Ocean Sands. Has anyone had experience with this area? It seems awfully quiet. My husband will be playing bridge a lot, so I am trying to find activities for me. I enjoy walking, biking, reading, historical and cultural activities, and classical music. Sitting on the beach is ok for a short time, but not every day! Any suggestions about what to do or where to go? Also, if you have any experience with the Ocean Sands complex, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thank you so much!!!!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Sands condos

You can rent a bike a ride on the Legacy Trail.

There is the Venice Historical Society in downtown Venice as well as the Art Center.

Downtown Venice has a variety of charming shops and restaurants.

Since you will be here in high season, there will be all kinds of activities/art shows etc going on in the area.

www.heraldtribune.com

this is the website for the local paper and has a section for entertainment events. Every Thursday there is the "Ticket" section.

Sarasota has museums, parks, Historical Society and many things to do.

www.sarasotafl.org

You won't be bored and i assume you will have a car to get around. Lots to explore...

~SRQgirl

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Sands condos

Venice info

http://www.venice-fla.com/

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Sands condos

Thank you so much for the info. I truly appreciate it. Are you familiar with Ocean Sands condos? I can't find any info. on the internet regarding this development. I assume it's legit. Thanks again.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Sands condos

here is a unit on vrbo.com:

http://www.vrbo.com/384082

Somewhere, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Sands condos

You will love Venice!!!! I go annually for a short time in winter. Try out the yoga on the beach each morning. And be sure to take a day trip to Mayakka State Park and take an airboat ride to see gators and more gators. The park is located in nearby Sarasota. Downtown is so charming and lots of unique shops and fun thrft stores. I also enjoy a day trip to Punta Gorda to visit Fisherman's Wharf (a neat dining/shopping area) and Siesta Key is a must for the most beautiful beach and sand. Try out Sharkey's on the Venice Pier at sunset for a fun, true-Florida experience -- the most beautiful sunsets ever. Think Jimmy Buffett but with an older crowd :)

Enjoy - you will want to return Venice to Vagain and again.

6. Re: Ocean Sands condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Venice